1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happiness vs Love vs Remorse

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by egresato, Dec 12, 2015.

1. egresato

Hello, I am a closeted gay. Have been for a long time (maybe second grade). Recently confirmed it since I fell deeply in love with my boyfriend and we have made it work for almost a year.

I am really thankful for having a boyfriend who is almost perfect. I love him. However, sometimes I get a feeling that this is wrong and depression unleashes in my mind. I begin googling for hours if homosexuality is natural, good, worth of marriage without biological kids, etc...

I get really depressed and that is not only damaging me, but also my relationship and my partner.

I need your help and/or advice. I dont want to lose my boyfriend because I love him, but layer on i realize that he cant give me a family and children.

2. rainbowtheorist

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Homosexuality is perfectly natural. It occurs in several hundreds of animals species. But the was our society has been treating it for several hundreds of years doesn't make it seem so.
    Remember that ginger were seen as wizards and soul-less and some people even burned them, just because their culture saw this hair color as unnatural and bad, whereas, I can tell you, there's nothing wrong with being a ginger.

It can help to look at gay people who are now married and having a good life, if that's the lifestyle you're looking for. Neil Patrick Harris is married and has two kids and seems pretty happy

Anyway, your love is perfectly legitimate, natural and good, and I hope you can overcome the pressure society (and maybe those close to you ?) put on you and live a happy and fulfilled life with your boyfriend.