1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College Class?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by YinYang, Dec 12, 2015.

1. YinYang

So I'm going to be taking an ASL 1 class at Miami Dade College. It's meant for 16-year-olds and up, but 15-year-olds are accepted sometimes. I didn't specify my gender on the application form, but I'd like to be out as agender there. Does anyone know if Miami Dade College is an LGBT+ friendly enviornment? And if it is, how should I come out? I don't really want to make an announcement or anything, but I also would like people to know. I might just mention it to someone offhand since the class is very small and let the person I tell tell others, but I'm not sure.

2. alienatedapple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    From what I've seen about the college,I would say it is moderately friendly, having a reputation for being diverse. A good start for coming out could just be letting people know what your preffered pronouns are, etc. Tell your teachers and and peers. You dont have to make it a big deal, just make it obvious I suppose. Hope that helped!