1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

falling back

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hieiheart, Jan 24, 2009.

1. hieiheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    how do you keep it up? i get talked about looked at and jaughed at everyday and ive got 2 years left of this school. how am i suppose to keep it up when i just want to call it quits fake straight and hide forever. sometimes i think it would just be better to fate being straight to get though the day better and not cxome home crying. my parents hate gays so i lie but know i feel like im sinning with all this bible talk. i hate when something i want is something i cant have with bad things behind it.

2. Nick

Most people get talked about, looked at and laughed at, even straighties.

I think that you should talk to the people who are laughing at you and try and find out why they are doing it. Maybe they feel inadequate and the only way that they can feel a bit better is by making fun of someone and seeing that the person being made fun of is sadder than they are, making them happy. It sounds stupid, but it happens.

You can't change who you are, and no-one should have to hide their true colours from people, especially not their parents.

Does your family eat pork? The bible says that is an abomination. Do they wear clothes of different materials? Abomination. Wearing pearls? Abomination. Divorce? Abomination.
    Basically, people seem to pick and choose what they want to be considered an abomination when it suits them.

(No offence meant to any religious people here.)

3. Paralyzer

by the way, apparently pork is what makes gellatin which is used in a variety of things like Star Burst and other common sweets and foods..

not really relevant but i thought I'd share
    correct me if I'm wrong xD
    (but do it on my wall thing)

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On the religion topic, Would Jesus Discriminate has some good information and links to further reading.
    I mainly got by because I had to. I withdrew from everyone at school (who also withdrew from me), spent my lunch breaks reading in the library, and looked outside of school for friends and for people to trust. It never stopped hurting, but as I became more confident in my own sexuality, all the comments started affecting me less. School's not your place. It was never mine, either. But even though it seems like the end is forever away, it will eventually arrive. And you're worth ten of any bully. Keep your head held high, and don't believe what they say to you. I know it's hard. Come to EC if you ever need to rant, and we'll be here for you (*hug*)

5. Jim1454

Hi there, and welcome to EC.

We all have our crosses to bear, and you need to decide for yourself what's more important for you right now. Is the pain you feel living openly as a lesbian greater than the discomfort you would feel by keeping that part of you to yourself for now? That's what you need to figure out.

In terms of your parents, again, you need to decide whether this is something you absolutely need to disclose to them now, or can it wait til later.

What I think most people have found is that by hanging out here in EC you develop a better perception of what it means to be gay. You can feel better about yourself and your orientation, and that enables you to move on in your disclosure to other people.

Good luck, and welcome!