1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxiety + Parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by alienatedapple, Dec 13, 2015.

1. alienatedapple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Coming out to my friends is something I can do without to much anxiety. My parents, however, are a different story. I've always dealt with anxiety, but coupling that with my sexuality is hard. I am really motivated to come out to my parents, but the thought gives me horrible anxiety and sometimes panic attacks. My parents are religious, and homophobic. My mom I don't think would react too negatively, as she's generally pretty cool. However, my dad and grandma are a different story. They are both Catholic and not very accepting. I feel that if I were to come out to them, my freedoms would be restricted. My phone might get taken away, I might not be allowed to hang out with female friends, etc. Thing is, staying in the closet gives me a whole lot more anxiety than coming out. I'm just worried about the consequences. I'm still young, and this may cause less acceptance. Should I come out, it would be after my next birthday in a couple months. Either way- is it worth it to come out? Is it wise?

2. chrisphoenix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i think you already know the answer . be true to yourself, love yourself and your parents will follow. they love their religion, but they love their child more. i think you should :slight_smile:

3. alienatedapple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you (*hug*)

4. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very true, they may seem a bit unaccepting at first but they will soon realise that at the end of the day you are their child and they love you. They will hopefully realise that this is who you are and nothing can change that. They will rather have you being happy than sad and worried. Good luck(&&&):thumbsup: