1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to family

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheBiBoy, Dec 14, 2015.

1. TheBiBoy

TheBiBoy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello Guys,
    So,after coming out to my brother and parents a little while ago as bi and that was a liberating experience and I enjoyed it. Now I think it feels about right to come out to another family member then it will be family member gate member to take it easy. But,I don't know how to come about it as I am scared especially because it is Christmas.I would like them to know but then they might not be accepting of me.
    Should I write a letter,a text or is face to face much better but which is better for me being so scared? Like as I said earlier I feel ready but then again I feel quite scared. I think my aunt/godmother will be ok for some weird reason ec aide I found a lgbt prose teddy in her bedroom. But this doesn't mean anything. Bit I think they could know my secret. It would make me feel better also.
    I am excited to read your responses!

Best Regards,
    TheBiBoy

2. MayaBee

Hey there! Your fear is totally normal (I guess, i havent come out alot yet, but that one time was scary).
    I personally prefer face to face, because that makes everything more personal and you can see their reactions immediatly - but that's only good for when the reations are positive. But if you are too scared, go on, write a letter, there is nothing wrong with that.
    I don't think you should worry too much. It'll be fine :slight_smile:

3. TheBiBoy

TheBiBoy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you maya!I will think about what you said!It is very helpful advice!

4. MayaBee

You're welcome, I Hope I was able to help :slight_smile: