1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came Out and Have a Boyfriend (An Update)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ConfusedSurfer, Dec 14, 2015.

1. ConfusedSurfer

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So a few months ago, I asked about coming out as I was dating another guy. I just wanted to say that we came out together before Thanksgiving. Over the earlier school year, it became harder to have a relationship and "hide" it from our parents.

Our parents were together watching a football game on TV and we did the tech-routine coming out via Facebook and tagging all our parents. We even had to courtesy to wait until the game was over for the "news".

My mom received the news pretty well and my dad said "I understand and I accept you as my son" but was less enthusiastic.

My boyfriend dad and family on the other hand was kind of ridiculous in a good way. They both seemed accepting and welcoming of the news but after it was reveled that my boyfriends dad and mom took BETS (Vacation plans) on if we or his son were gay.

Together they were pretty accepting and the two families had Thanksgiving together with the two of us being seated next to each other.

About a week ago we lost a Saturday surfing because our parents INSISTED that we go to a Planned Parenthood Sex Ed Class. This will seem REALLY petty to have our parents ask questions with us in the room, thankfully the rest of the session was either with my boyfriend or separate.

Now it seems that they are micromanaging our relationship. My boyfriend sister stated that both our parents are afraid of the high incidence of HIV out there and think the best "option" is sex ed, safe sex, and having a boyfriend that they know are both "virgins" / have never really had hard intercourse with others.

School-wise we only lost three people we know out of about 30-40 people. I think the fact that they got to know us as individuals helped with the "tolerance" / acceptance. Between the two of us we still get a sort of ribbing about our relationship but it feels more like just the bros giving each other **** than actual harassment and bullying. We do return their "comments" with witty stuff we think of when we are together and they seem to laugh if off.

Socially, more girls thin we are a cute couple now and the most annoying thing is that they want us to be there XXX Hag which we have no intention of doing. That said we still got invited to a bombing winter party and we came together. Though we do limit our PDA to more semi-private areas.

That being said, if you see two (one White 18 year old with blond hair and the other an Asian) guys together that seem kind of close wearing these sweatshirts:

[​IMG]

Say hi, if one has Jeff on the front of the hoodie.

*Sorry mods, if the hoodie may reveal that we are gay and thus could possibly violate privacy rule. But we are out together and we also want to show how ?pround? we are of our fellow surfers for looking past our sexual orientation and seeing us as people. Please remove if warranted.

#1 ConfusedSurfer, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  2. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nice. Hope everything goes well for you.