1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should i have my friend out me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wiggy214, Dec 15, 2015.

1. wiggy214

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know that being gay and all that it is not good to be outed but i am getting to be really scared to tell my parents that i am gay. So i was thinking to have my best friend out me to my parents with me next to him. He has always been there for me as a crutch. Any advice??:help:

2. Outboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand how you feel, I always known I'm gay but everyone thinks I'm straight. The thought of coming out terrifies me, worrying about what family and friends will say. However, I would rather let everyone know myself rather than have someone else do it as I would lose control of the situation. Think about it and be absolutely sure you want to go down that route as once its out there, theres no going back.

3. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends on how exactly you do it!
    If he "accidently" talks about your boyfriend or something similar would work very well. If it's "I have something to tell you; your son is gay" it might not go down that well.
    No matter how you tell them it will not make that much of a difference. If the they love you they will love you no matter what. The worst thing could that could happen is that they could take some time to get their heads around it.
    If they are uber-religious nutters, coming out to them would not be a good idea unless you can support yourself, (thankfully those kind of parents are very very rare).
    I hope it goes well for you, and welcome to EC.

4. Majush93

Out Status:
    Some people
    if you are scared to tell them (which is completely okay by the way :wink: ) you can try to write it down and then show them :wink: maybe it could help :slight_smile: I´m not sure about your friend outing you, I don´t know how that would go but if you feel like it just do it :wink: only you can choose your way of coming out :wink: you have to choose what feels more comfortable for you :slight_smile: anyway, good luck and have a wonderful day :wink:)

5. whatdoIneed

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Maybe have your friend there when you tell them or give them the letter.

6. TravelerMe

If I could go back and tell my parents (they've past away) I'd start with telling my Mom separately and hopefully make the biggest best hug ever part of the conversation. At least for me telling her first then my Dad later with her and maybe a friend there for support would be a way to go.