1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to people.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by FoxEars, Dec 16, 2015.

1. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm really struggling with coming out to people about the fact I'm gender fluid. My parents and siblings will definitely not agree with anything lgbtq+, and if I tell my friends, my true identity could easily be passed onto my brother and then my parents. The fact that I'm an introvert doesn't help, but so far I've come out to one friend. I feel as if I'm trapped and can't express myself. Im actually shaking with the thought of talking to people about this, so any advice is appreciated and welcomed with open arms!

#1 FoxEars, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  2. foxer

Humm.
    How did your friend take you coming out? Suprised? Supportive?
    If it would feel appropriate could you talk with your friend about it.

Your parents / family are not agreeing to anything lgbt+ but how strongly? Just disagreeing? Phobic? Enyway, sometimes there can be things you won't tell to every person. Starting wih close people that you can trust they dont go shouting it all around right after would be good. I was lucky that my parents are really supportive about human rights and so on and when I came out to them they were just: oh. I see.
    I'm sure you will gather the courage/pride/support to tell yours when the time comes.

Love your username btw ^-^

3. Gay1234

I know Fox well. Her friend took it well though her brother is a bit of a jerk in this field. Forgive me Fox if That's not what you wanted me to say.Fox from what you have said to me is say ur friends are trustable just ask them "if I tell you something will to not tell anyone else please?" Well it's only you that knows if you can trust them or not.

4. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My friend took it well, as mentioned in Gay1234's comment. She is also gender fluid, which is how I actually started to consider my gender. My parents aren't exactly phobic about lgbtq+, they refuse to call my friend by his prefered pronouns and name- doing so deliberately to annoy me. My brother is phobic about this, he says he's "worried about me" because a few of my friends are part of lgbtq+ and joins in with the people who are disrespectful towards us. I don't feel like I'll ever be able to tell my parents- I found it hard enough just to tell them that my eye sight ain't on point. A few of my friends are a little immature and don't think as carefully as wanted when it comes to talking. I need advise to cope with this rather than advise on how to tell them.

5. Gay1234

I'm sorry I meant they instead of her sorry Fox.

6. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's ok, we all make mistakes. I wish there was a universal pronoun in the English language. Would be so helpful and make people who are gender fluid feel like they're accepted.