1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too much

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Samus610, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Samus610

I just got an email from my ex/friend Jason because ever since we broke up he has been sending me an email once a week. And you need to understand that while we were dating he would hardly email me. And whenever I read an email he sent me it sounds like he is still in love with me. And when he calls me he says "I really want to see you." but the way he says it has this tone that says he hasn't gotten over me yet. Here's a little excerpt from the latest email: "I know I haven't spoken to you in a few weeks and I didn't want you thinking I'd forgotten about you." What? He has never said something like this to me when we were dating. Oh and then the cherry: "On a negative note, I had another seizure 2 weeks ago and was in the hospital for a few hours. Now I have to take an additional medication and will have to wait until July before I can drive again. Oh well. Everything's been fine since then, aside from the fact that I may be epileptic." A week or less after we broke up he had a seizure and was in the hospital for two days. You need to understand that I feel horrible. It is because of what he says to me and the fact that he never had a seizure and then when he does it is after I broke up with him. It makes me feel that I might be responsible for all the crap that is happening to him and I don't know how to deal with it anymore. I just want to be able to relax and have fun for the rest of senior year but I don't see that happening. Oh and get this his mother is secretly insisting that I have to take him to my prom. I will go to his prom because I am his friend but I am not going to my own prom because it is going to suck. I don't know how to deal with it anymore. What should I do?

2. biisme

Do you still love him? If you don't, or if you don't want to get back together, I suggest you tell his mom why you are going to his prom: strictly as friends. As for his seizure, you didn't cause him to have one. It's not your fault. Don't let yourself believe that it is. Do you think he believes you are responsible?

3. rachob1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First off the seizures are not your fault, so don't blame yourself for them, you can't possably cause a medical condition.

It does sound as if he may still have feelings for you, but at the same time it could just be that the emails are his way of trying to stay friends. Maybe you could agree to meet up with him, and explain that your not interested in being in a relationship, but you would still like to be friends (that is if you still want to be friends and not to have a clean break from him), if you don't feel you can say it in person, use the same medium as he does and email him back and while your at it ask him to ask his mother to back off.

Hope this helps a bit

Rach

4. Samus610

I don't love him. I hate to admit it but I think I hate him. I think his mom and dad are afraid he his gay. Which he, to me, clearly is. But he comes from one of those overly religious homes. I think that is why his mom is forcing the idea of going to the prom together because she is afraid.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I will go to his prom because I am his friend...
    I don't love him. I hate to admit it but I think I hate him.

These two sentences are incompatible. It sounds like you're sticking by him out of a sense of duty. "Well, I'm supposed to be his friends, and friends don't abandon each other..." But if you don't like him, he's not your friend. If you're not getting anything positive out of your relationship with him, then he's not worth hanging out with. So if you want to end it, and skip the prom, do it.

Lex