1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ventilation

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by marri, Jan 25, 2009.

1. marri

Just venting.
    I love school.
    I actually really enjoy my sandwhich-making job,
    and my friends.. and life is soooooo great.
    And I would love, embrace, go crazy about my sexuality, (lesbianism) if only... if oooonly... I didn't have a boyfriend. I feel terrible admitting most of the things that I admit, I feel so guilty.
    I don't think I can end it, and I find myself worshipping him and giving him great presents becuase I feel so guilty.
    I love him and I want him in my life but i
    am
    gay.

The conflict is obvious.

*crossing fingers hoping he never finds this*

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So you're hoping you remain going out with a guy for the rest of your life, even though you're gay? That's not good for you, and it's probably not so hot for him, either. You owe it to yourself to find someone who can make YOU happy, and you owe it to him to let him find someone who can make HIM happy, too. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. marri

Yes, I'm very illogical at this point, and very dependant. I'm hoping the whole 'it isn't meant to be' cliche will play its part.. :dry:
    though I know I'll have to act first myself, pretty soon

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can go to the faucet and get a drink, or you can lay outside on your back, open your mouth, and wait for it to rain. Guess which one will quench your thirst faster. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That reminds me of the Shel Silverstein poem. Lazy lazy lazy Jane, she wants a drink of water so she waits and waits and waits and waits for it to rain.
    Except I doubt that the problem here is laziness...

Lex has great advice, listen to him, I would say the same thing but I for one am kinda lazy. Why repeat words someone else has already typed...

6. InaRut

Plus Mari as a friend, I know how awesome ____ is. And I'm sure if he loves you, he will understand. And if he doesn't then I might have to take the next train to ____ and SLAP A MOTHER F---.

Anyways Mari, so glad your on EC now. Just know that outside of EC I'm always an email or msn away.

As for actual advice, listen to Lex, although he sometimes gives us that answer we've been dreading he usually is right :grin:.

7. Courtneyyy

I know this is contradictory to what most people think but...

You're 17, most of the population does not stay with the person they are with when they are 17 for the rest of their lives. I don't see what's so wrong with a harmless high school relationship or casual dating. Now if you two are really serious, then I can see an issue with that.

Sorry...that makes no sense. Ending the relationship makes more sense. Maybe you could come out to him and say something along the lines of... "*Mike* I love you and you and I love that you're in my life but, I'm actually a lesbian."

*Mike is always the male name that I use in hypothetical situations or when I change a guy's name*

8. marri

I like this analogy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I actually did try telling him, but he reacted pretty bad, so I pretended it was a joke

yes I am so young and so is he! though he talks about being together for the rest of our lives, I don't encourage it. I don't have any good reasons why I havn't ended it.. mostly just scared.

9. JurrBurr

JurrBurr Guest

Heya,

Sounds like your in a major bind. But, why prolong something that is just going to cause more hurt if you stay with the dude. I mean, You could be the one that says "It's not working out," cliche. I hope everything works out for you! (*hug*)

Jarrod

10. Dazed

Dazed Guest

whats sad is i thought about which one was faster.
    then it led me to think if i was outside and it was pouring rain
    would walking to my sink really be faster. >_>