1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to you come out to someone who's already come out???

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by thatchickcj, Dec 19, 2015.

1. thatchickcj

So, I've recently come out to myself and I'm in the process of coming out to most of my closer-ish group of friends, one of whom is also lesbian. I have no interest in this friend, but I think it'd be cool if I could somehow come out to her because we have similar interests and it's always healthy to have a friend of similar interests, etc etc.

This friend of mine has been out four 3-4 years now and I've only figured things out recently.

I wanna come out to my friend, but I have no idea how because we only have one class together at school that I could physically talk to-- which is primarily casual talk only.

I could also try and text her, but I dunno whether or not that's a good idea/what I could say without being hella awkward.

Any advice is good advice rn xD.

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You could simply ask if her if you can talk in private about a certain matter, or you could text her that.

You guys might end up being really good friends after.

Do you trust her? Or do you think she could keep a secret? Do you want her to keep your sexuality a secret?

3. thatchickcj

I mean, right now, I'm comfortable keeping things on the down-low. But, I know that I can trust this friend.

4. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, then by all means, do it :slight_smile: She should understand what you're going through and empathize. It'll be nice to have someone you can ask about gay topics.

5. thatchickcj

I don't know what to say X_X

6. Methrandir

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    She would probably relate to people of the same gender thinking she liked them anyways

7. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hmm.. you could tell her, "Hi. I was wondering if I could talk to you about something after school? "

And then when you meet her, "So, I just wanted to ask, how is it like being gay?"

She'll probably give you a very brief description. She might laugh awkwardly, or she might ask why.

Then tell her, "I'm asking because I'm gay, too."

And then go from there.

#7 Steve FS, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  8. thatchickcj

Hah xD I wish. My friend's pretty reserved about everything. I texted her and we're having a semi-awkward text conversation about our experiences, so I guess it was a success xD.