1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Single Again Vent

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 1974, Jan 25, 2009.

1. 1974

Arg just need to vent sorry guy and gals, why cant i get past two weeks with a guy. Just got dumped by text at 1:30 am this morning, i kinda knew he was not really sure but is there a better way of meeting people that may want something more long ter in the UK?

cant be doing with two weeks of heartache. :tears:

2. wallflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe the next time you meet someone you like, don't become a couple so soon. If you give it a bit longer to get to know him before you decide if he'd be a good partner, you will pass that two week dumping stage. And he will see by the fact that you take your time deciding, that you respect yourself and your needs and that you won't settle for a person that don't treat YOU with the same respect. A good way of seeing who is a "keeper" and who is a waste of your time.

3. HeronsStorm

^ I agree with Wallflower. And, what was he even doing testing at 1:30 in the morning?

4. 1974

Thanks good advice. And yes was not particularly pleased at 1:30 am.... grrr

Plus feel very rough now and have been signed off work for a week by the docs.

5. EM68

Sorry to hear that. The 1:30 text thing sucks.

6. Jim1454

If this is becoming a chronic cycle, then you've got to change something, that's for sure.

Join some kind of social club or support group for gays. Stay away from the dating sites - because despite what people say I'm not sure they're looking for anything longer than a couple of weeks to start with.

Be happy being with yourself, and you'll draw other men to you like bees are drawn to honey! :icon_wink

7. 1974

cheers for that :icon_wink

8. xequar

One thing I've realized is that a lot of people that claim that they want a relationship are liars. I really do feel for you, and I know where you're coming from, as I, until now, have not had a relationship last past a month.

Something I've said before, and bears repeating, is that you should try to look at things from the other side. What I mean by that is that you should at least try to figure out why you were dumped (I'm presuming you were dumped in this case). You might realize that you weren't a good fit for the other person, or you might realize that the other person had some deep-seated issues. At the very least, I find that once I sort of figure out some of the underlying reasons, I can move on.

As far as meeting people, I don't know what to tell you. Online sites did nothing for me. I'm not a barfly, but I can't imagine that someone in the bar is looking for a long-term relationship. I do wish you the best of luck though.

9. 1974

Cheers thanks for that i think i know that it is mainly because he still loves his old boyfriend so that makes it a bit better in that it is not necessarily me. Feeling abit better about it at this end of the day. :confused:

10. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

At least you got a text, one guy just stopped talking to me altogether. However, a relationship shouldn't be defined as bfs until the 4th week in my opinion.

11. Mickey

You're a great looking guy! You'll meet the right one. Remember the saying,"you got to kiss a lot of toads before you find your prince!"

12. 1974

Cheers mickey, good grief i think i just smiled my face is cracking arg..... :grin:

13. tm74

tm74 Guest

(*hug*)

Dumping by text in the middle of the night is just cowardly. Take care.

TM

14. 1974

Yep i know, feeling better now though, i tend to analyse things quickly these days rather than mulling over and over and over.

15. punkrocker99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Anybody that dumps you over a text isn't even worth crying about. I'm sure u'll have some luck. :grin: