1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by erioed, Dec 20, 2015.

1. erioed

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been having a lot of struggles with my sexuality. Lesbian, bi, pansexual, gray asexual/demisexual... I just don't know. I know that tags aren't everything but it still puts a lot of pressure on me.
    I told my (back then) two closest friends that I thought I was bi. They were surprised and didn't know what to say, but they didn't have any problems with this since we all know a lot of LGTB people. But I don't really know what I am, yet I need to tell it to somebody I know irl (I'm "out" to most of my Internet friends) but I don't know how to approach it without having at least a clue for a label. I just don't think I can keep coming out every time my orientation changes, which tends to be rather often.
    So would something like "I'm unsure about my orientation" work? I fear then people would try to put me inside of a simple label like gay or bi or even wanting me to be that, because they want to keep it simple but that's just what I want to avoid.

2. itsbrooklyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're unsure about what you identify as it's fine, you'll eventually figure it out but for now don't label yourself as anything if your uncomfortable or just don't know, if you want to come out/ tell people just say that you're not ready for labels yet and are still figuring things out.
    Hope this helped

3. erioed

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not labelling myself yet, but I think that other people do need a label because it makes it easier to understand. My fear is that if they, not me, put me in a label, I'd have to be constantly coming out to change said label. But thanks anyway ^^

4. Methrandir

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You sound really pressured to come out. You have all the time in the world to find your sexuality, if you absolutely have to tell someone you could say youre 'queer' or 'not completely straight'