1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i just dont know what to do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by justadude12, Dec 24, 2015.

1. justadude12

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm a closeted bi(no one knows) and come from a muslim family...
    as you can see its obviously not easy living as a muslim who also has feelings for guys and i just don't know what to do. Sometimes i feel "fine" and happy with who i am and have ambitions of being with someone that'll make me happy but then sometimes i feel immense guilt and sadness and want to stick with my religion somehow but then think, this whole religion(and many others) are against my whole existence.

i just feel so confused on what to believe and on what to do and how to feel.
    I also have these episodes where I just feel so alone and sad (e.g as I'm typing this) and feel that I don't want to live any more.

I just don't know what to do:icon_sad:

2. itsbrooklyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,
    First off, please don't ever feel that you don't want to live anymore, because eventually you'll figure everything out and it'll seem silly that you ever worried about it in the first place.
    I don't know how good of a help I am to you saying this but when your feeling guilty or saddened by this whole thing try to tell yourself that being bisexual is okay, as you said sometimes your fine with it so every time your not fine with it tell yourself that nothing is wrong with who you are and it's okay. As for your religion I'm not really sure because I'm mnot muslim, but you can still stick to your religion just because your bi doesn't mean you have to stop being religious. There are many people who are very religious and are gay.
    I hope this kinda helped.

3. justadude12

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I was actually really unsure if I should seeker help through these forums but I'm glad
    I did, thanks so much - just knowing someone out there is willing to give advice is comforting and yeah I'm just going to focus on the positives. once again thank u x(*hug*)

4. notoriousBIGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've also struggled quite a bit with suicidal thoughts, although for different reasons (before I had any idea I was bi). All I can really say is to find who and what it is that makes you happy and focus on that. This is a harder at 15 because you're likely stuck around religious people most of the time, but eventually you will find your place and leave behind everything that's made you sad or doubtful. To quote one of the greats: they can all get f***ed, just stay true to you.

Edit: not bashing religion with that last line. What I'm saying is you have to do what makes you happy and not worry what people think.

---------- Post added 24th Dec 2015 at 06:30 PM ----------

+1
    I questioned this for the longest time. If I like men I can't be like the baptists who raised me, right? But IME I've seen reason to believe that a God does exist and he has nothing against sexual minorities.

#4 notoriousBIGuy, Dec 24, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  5. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What are you going to do about your religious culture? You must make a decision about this, it is tearing you up inside. You must choose between your culture or you sexuality. This does not mean you cannot be a Muslim but if you continue to seek a homosexual identity then you need to find support for it in the culture in which you live or you will die a miserable man. I know it's hard and very unfair that you find yourself in this situation, but this is your life challenge and you must call up all of the courage and strength that you have to face it head on.

"To be, or not to be- that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing end them." Hamlet Act 3 Scene 1