1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Letter to my mum

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NotKnowing, Dec 25, 2015.

1. NotKnowing

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm really bad at explaining things and I'm sure it will get really awkward if I tried telling my mum personally. So I decided to write her a letter. She is not conservative and I'm quite sure she will be ok with it, although she will probably think it's just a phase. So that's why this letter isn't that long and careful.

Hey Mum,
    I'm sure you've noticed that I'm changing my appearance quite a lot at the moment. That is because I think I am trans. That means that I see myself as a boy and would like to fully become one at some point.
    I would like to see a psychologist to have someone to talk to.
    I've researched the topic quite a lot, *names of my best friends* know about it and try to call me he/him.
    The name I have chosen is Oscar. I've always liked it and feel like it suits me. But that's nothing that's set, it can always be changed.
    Don't worry, I am not going to run to the next hospital and shout at them to give me surgery. (There is no "one surgery" anyways. There are many steps that can be individualised.)
    I would just like to have someone to talk to and maybe later on start taking other steps
    I love you and I hope that you will accept my decision and not have any problems with it. :slight_smile:

2. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thats a really nice letter but I think you say trans too fast… how about something like "that's because im a boy, mum. Im transgender" also saying "I think I am trans" could make your mum unsure if you are or not. Even if you are 80% sure, say you ARE sure. Im an Enby, and im fully sure that I am. Still, sometimes I struggle and start thinking about me being actually a girl/boy. So normally im 80% sure too!! I will tell my mom I AM SURE!! EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT 100%!
    Also "and would like to fully become one" makes me think if you are a boy. Maybe you want people to fully see you as a boy, but you ARE FULLY A BOY

thats it. Good luck