1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have no idea!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Pacmaneater101, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Pacmaneater101

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am pretty sure I am gay male. I have told this to my best friend and I said "I am 70% sure I am gay. I am 30% hoping that I am not". My friend took it well- especially as he was the first person I have told. Let's call him K.

I am 12, and I know people say I am to young to know for sure if, I'm gay, and stupid stuff like that. I mean, I am young, but I am feminim, basically all of my friends are girls; apart from my best friend; K, and I just can't see a future with me; and a girl.

I am dying to tell my parents, and my family. Like right now, I just want to scream and shout and say, "I'm gay!". But I don't know how old I should be, for when I do come out. And if I come out now, my family will just think I am too young, to be certain of my sexuality.
    Half my family are conservative Christians. One of them even said, I quote, "for me, when someone comes out, it's basically like they are saying a big, 'up yours'". My core fsmily, like my mom, dad, and brothers, are okay with home sexuality, and (awkwardly) it is a open, and common topic at the dinner table.

My friends are all accepting, and I am not exactly open about being gay, but I assume most of my friends either guessed, or they know. But there is another worry! What if thy are against the LGBT* community, and what if they do think I am straight? My other besties is a boy called M, and a girl called S. M, has told me he is accepting, and isn't against gays, completely randomly, like he was just waiting for me to say I am gay! And my friend S, is like the most NON-judging, most relatable, and is 110% okay with anyone's sexuality. So my friends will be (or should be) easy to come out to, right? P.S like 3 of the my friends, that are girls have huge crushes on me!

Oh! And remember that, K fella I was talking about? I have a huge crush on him. Like huge. I just love his company, and love being around him. Everyone knows I am a hugger. I will hug anyone, anywhere.its just what I do. I usually say, "I am so hues today" then I just stretch out my arms and let people hug me. But when K hugs me, my heart just melts.

Thanks for your time

Love ya :kiss:

---------- Post added 27th Dec 2015 at 12:48 AM ----------

Please help!

2. Magenta Mucus

It's scary at firdt. Usually people only start to realize their sexuality st your age; I did too. Start with your friends and build a support network, then start to come out to family.

3. Pacmaneater101

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    KK thanks for you're help
    :kiss:

4. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, welcome to EC (*hug*),

It's normal to question your sexuality at that age, there isn't a such thing as "too young." That was actually when I began to question my own sexuality. Keep in mind that things like femininity and your friend group doesn't affect who you like. You shouldn't feel forced to adhere to a stereotype.

As for coming out, there isn't really a rush. Do it when you're ready, and don't feel pressured. If you do seem yourself ready to come out, I would start with those accepting friends, then parents, as Magenta Mucus suggested, to build a support system. Again, take your time. :slight_smile:

Good luck! -Cody