1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with coming out letter

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DemiLiHue, Dec 26, 2015.

1. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So im coming out in a few days to my mom (she will be very supportive, I know it) and I will write her a letter. I want it simple, "short", but still nice. Its kinda too lomg and it reads weird. Could you guys help me? Correct the redaction? Add something my mom would need to know? Please please please!

Its gonna be folded as a card and say "1) read this, 2) search the links 3)go hug me" there will be 3 papers in it, the first one a letter and the two other one notes, the third one with some NB links and stuff like that
    Jere it is:
    Dear mom:
    There somethimg really important I have to tell you. I want you yo know im 100% sure about what im going to say. Ive quite always felt this way but ive finally understood it all, and I want to share it with you. I dont want to hide this part of me anymore. I know it will be hard, but it's what will make me happy: mom, Im transgender!
    A lot of people perceive me as female, but I’ve been using the word non-binary to describe my gender. this word means im not a girl nor a boy. Being called as female has made me feel insecure, uncomfortable and unhappy. When I found out what nonbinary meant, and that I was NB, I felt relief, because finally I have found who I am. As a nonbinary transgender person, I can say that transitioning will be a long, and I would realy appreciate if you are willimg to help me in my journey, mom!

Then there will be a piece of paper with my english & spanish pronouns My neutral pronouns are:

-Ey/em/eirs/eirself
    "ey is my kid,
    I love to hug em
    The turtles are eirs
    Ey loves eirself"
    spivak pronouns used since 1960

-ele/le/-e
    spanish nongendered pronouns
    "Ele es mi hije, le [name]
    Me encanta abrazarle,
    Ele es une chique muy bonite "

En caso de q con -e signifique otra cosa, porfavor usa -o. Ejemplo: Estoy despierto, no despierte

Que usen mis pronombres correctos es muy importante para mi. OvO gracias por adelantado! [That people use my correct pronouns is rlly important for my]

And then finally another paper There are some things you should know about your nonbinary kid:
    There is a medical condition called gender dysphoria. Gender dysphoria is suffered by transgender people, but not all transgender people suffer it. It occurs when your body doesn't match you gender, and/or shows sex characteristics that make the perdon look lile the gender they're not. It makes the person feel depressed, anxious and sad. There are two types of gender dysphoria. I suffer top dysphoria, which means my breasts make me anxious, uncomfortable, and unsure of myself. That's why I've been using two bras to reduce the visibility of them. Making your chest flat (as I try) is known as binding. I hope you understand why its so important to me. I would be really happy if you would let me continue binding, and even happier ifvyou bought me a binder, which is 100 times more effective & 10 times more safe

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Dear Mom,

There is something really important I have to tell you. I want you to know I am entirely sure about what I have to say. I’m transgender. I’ve always felt this way and I finally understand it all, and I want you to share it with me. I know it will be hard, but It’s what will make me happy, and what will make me happier is if you support me on this.

You might have some questions, and that’s okay, it’s new to you. Just as long as you promise to learn more and support me on this journey. I will address some things that you might be questioning in this letter, but you can come and ask me anytime.

A lot of people perceive me to be female, but I identify as non-binary gender. This means I am not male or female. People calling me female has made me insecure, uncomfortable and unhappy. When I found out about non-binary, I felt a relief, as I have final found what I am. Please know this doesn’t change who I am.

On the following piece of paper, I will tell you the pronouns that I ask you to call me by. This will be the first stage in the journey and using these pronouns will show you are an amazing parent. These pronouns are spivak and have been used since 1960.

-Ey/em/eirs/eirself
    "ey is my kid,
    I love to hug em
    The turtles are eirs
    Ey loves eirself"

-ele/le/-e
    spanish nongendered pronouns
    "Ele es mi hije, le [name]
    Me encanta abrazarle,
    Ele es une chique muy bonite "

En caso de q con -e signifique otra cosa, porfavor usa -o. Ejemplo: Estoy despierto, no despierte

Que usen mis pronombres correctos es muy importante para mi. OvO gracias por adelantado! [It is really important for me that people use the correct pronouns, as with anybody.]

There are also some things you should know about your non-binary child. There is a medical condition called gender dysphoria. Gender dysphoria is suffered by transgender people, but not all transgender people suffer it. It occurs when your body doesn't match you gender, and/or shows sex characteristics that make the person look like the gender they're not. It makes the person feel depressed, anxious and sad. There are two types of gender dysphoria. I suffer top dysphoria, which means my breasts make me anxious, uncomfortable, and unsure of myself. This is why I've been using two bras to reduce the visibility of them, this is known as binding. I hope you understand why it’s so important to me. I would be really happy if you would let me continue binding, and even happier if you bought me a binder, which is 100 times more effective and 10 times more safe.

Thank-you for reading this letter, your child,

[Insert name].

#2 Secrets5, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  3. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What is this? An improved letter or something like that or something else?