1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TK22, Dec 26, 2015.

1. TK22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm 22yo I need some advice everyone that I know is not open minded to gays I don't have any one in the family that I can talk to and I don't have any friends that I can talk to about it either.

My dads side of the family is highly religious and I know they won't except me and my moms side of the family is not excepting my mother's 56yo bf because she's 45yo.

I'm not really sure what I should or if I should do anything at all.

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Personally, I don't think people need to come out in terms of sexuality, as your sexuality won't affect other people's lives [apart from people who you want to date/want to date you]. So given this, if you feel there's a high risk of rejection, I wouldn't. Maybe if you get a boyfriend, invite them around to your parent's house as you would so like for a party or something, and then you're coming out without coming out.

#2 Secrets5, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  3. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heya,

Welcome to EC!

If you live with your parents and think that you would be at risk if you came out (like being kicked out), then don't do it for now. Your safety is the priority. If you live with your parents, you can start planning to move out (as you are an adult) and then coming out.

However, before rushing anything, your profile says that you are questioning. If that's the case, then let's take a deep breath and relax. There is no need to rush anything, so take your time to think about your attractions before deciding how to act based on them :slight_smile:

We are here to help you through the process, feel free to ask and interact with the community!

Hugs (*hug*)