1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell my parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Slicer9876, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Slicer9876

Out Status:
    All but family
    I know that I'll eventually need to come out to my parents about my sexuality and gender identity. I just don't know what to say. I know that they aren't homophobic, unlike the rest of my family, and I have no idea how they'll react or even I should tell them. I've told most of my friends and am planning to talk to my school's counselor about it. Any advice would be appreciated. :3

2. foxer

That meaning the rest of the family?

If you are up for it just tell them when you're around with just your parents. You could tell them that you have something you would like to discuss / tell / talk about and then just say it. < This ofcourse depends on how "brave" you are feeling. It's not the easiest thing to say to your own parents and if you're going to do it you should prepare yourself for some questions that your parents might ask. The reactions vary greatly between different families. When I came out to my parents my dad was just, "Okay, you still can't go drinking" :grin: But as said it's case sensitive. I wouldn't recommend forcing yourself out. Do it when your feeling atleast somewhat comfortable.

Hope this was for any help, foxer out.

Oh and if you decide to do that tell how it went, you'll get there evetually :thumbsup: