1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Frustrated

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by EM68, Jan 27, 2009.

1. EM68

Tonight I am so frustrated. I am planning to come out to my sister and my best friend probably by phone because I can never set a time to see them. I called my sister twice in 3 days and she has not returned my calls. I know she has been busy with her bakery she owns but we have not spoken since Christmas. My best friend I have called a couple of times over the past 2 weeks and he has yet returned my calls. I am getting fucking sick of the one making the calls. It seems like the closest ones to me never call unless I call.

On top of it I called the guy I am dating tonight and left him a message. I have not talked to him since we went out on Friday. I am sorry for this I just needed to vent. Right now I do not know what to do any more I am ready to come out and no one will pick up the phone. :bang::bang:

#1 EM68, Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  2. biisme

What do you say in your messages? If you say something like "I really want to talk to you about something specific. Please call me back as soon as you can. I've been trying to reach you for a while. This is important to me."

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off: (*hug*)

Second, try to relax. You have done what you needed to do. You have called your sister and your best friend. I'm sure they will get back to you. Go get a good book to read, start reading. Listen to your favourite music, or do whatever you need to do to relax a bit. It is going to be okay. If you are frustrated about the fact that you are the one who makes all the phone calls, maybe you should mention it after you have come out to them.

As for the guy you are dating, he is going to call you back. Maybe he is also going to e-mail you. Just hang in there.

4. EM68

I just left a normal message. I did not make it sound urgent.

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yeah, Ed if you want them to call back immediately you should probably tell them its important. Otherwise you know how people are, there own lives are busy and they just forget!

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you know when your sister is usually at home? Give it one or two days. If you haven't heard from your sister or your friend say by the weekend, try giving them another call. If you have to leave a message just say: "Please call me back asap. It is really important that I speak with you."

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello! Thanks for starting a new thread! Unfortunately, the gargoyle is out patrolling the city right now. Please leave your sign-in name and message, and I'll be sure to respond to your thread when I return. Thanks again!

Lex

8. EM68

:roflmao::roflmao: