1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out to Siblings

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ArlinArrow, Dec 28, 2015.

1. ArlinArrow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This is my first time doing something like this so I have no idea what I'm doing :lol:

So I'm visiting my siblings for an undetermined amount of time and I thought, "hey why don't I come out as bi". My sister has already come out as lesbian and my family is more than fine with it and all but I'm a bundle of nerves and I want it to be.. Cool I guess? Anything but me stumbling over my words, really :dry:

I kinda want it to just come up in conversation or something. We're very fond of puns and such so that would certainly be ideal. But I either miss or don't notice those chances hahah

We're not all that sensitive and stuff so a heartfelt confession is definitely not the way to go... I've only got one chance at this so I want it to be good. Boy do I wish I could reload a save or something, but sadly, this is reality.

Anyway, any ideas for a conversation I could bring up and smoothly come out? Or maybe a joke? Nothing serious, but nothing flamboyant either. A cake is definitely out of the question because I can't cook at all . I was thinking of just being completely blunt with my brother, but I get freaked out easily. So yeah, if anyone's got ideas I'd be very greatful!

2. Jay Dinosaur

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello fellow Aussie!
    You could do something like have a funny shirt that says "I'm Bi"!
    I've also seen some people do the "I have 83 protons" thing, which is Bismuth on the periodic table, and the chemical symbol is literally "Bi" and if you google the crystal its rainbow!!

3. ArlinArrow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yo! :3
    Straight to the point, huh. I'm far too awkward to wear something like that, although it would be a lot easier than telling people... I'm not so great with words
    Actually that'd be really good since we're all nerds... Eheh

I'll think over it and plan some more, thank you!