1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time frame's Closing.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hidden365, Jan 28, 2009.

1. hidden365

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    OK so I've been in Europe for the last 5 months and think that this is the perfect environment for to come out or at least enjoy life a lil, considering I'm away from my family and people are considerably more understanding here, but I can't manage to do anything about it. I keep planning to go to gay pubs or bars but never have the guts to. I should be going back home in like 6 more months and I think that time would be a good time for me to get to know myself and feel comfortable with it, I always thought that this was the more natural part where you make friends and end up meeting someone, but most of the friends I made here are straight and I'm not close to them enough to feel comfortable talking about my sexuality. There are two guys among us that "I think" are gay, one of them is really nice but I barely see him, and he never goes out with our group , and the other one is... well an S hole, and I'm:bang: definitely talking to him about it!
    I know that I should be confident and wait and bla bla bla and also know that it gets old me always posting basically the same thing over and over but anyway this is making me impatient and at least like this I let it out to someone.

#1 hidden365, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A couple courses of action.

1. Do it yourself. Find a gay club/gay pub nearby and just go. You might want to do a bit of online research on the place before you go. You probably don't want to walk into what you think is a gay pub, and it ends up being a bathhouse...

2. Befriend the "possibly gay" nice guy a bit more. Strike up a conversation with him. Feel him out a bit more. Ask if he wants to go out for a night on the town, and let him pick the destinations.

Lex

3. hidden365

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hey thanks I'll actually try to do those, specially the second one which is most probable to happen.

4. curiousdude

I've gone to a few gay bars when traveling, and it's nice because you can just hang back and take in the whole thing or be a bit more assertive and strike up conversations with folks, depending on how you feel at the time. The best part is there's no pressure--if it doesn't feel right, it's easy to walk right back out.

5. Ajax

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i understand what you mean about not wanting to just wander into a gay bar. i lived in the marais for a few months and always wanted to but always felt too awkward. when i was in Sydney over new years I went out to gay bars but only because my gay friend took me there (he didn't know i was gay so was a bit surprised when i started kissing a guy). but my point is i wouldn't have gone i he hadn't been there to talk to when i first went in. so if i were you like lex says i would try to hang out more with the guy who seems nice. see if you will take you to some places.

you generally only get one shot at a year away from home - may as well push the boundaries a bit.