1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is coming out so uncomfortable for me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Vav, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Vav

Vav Guest

I live in a pretty liberal area, but it's still very uncomfortable to come out. Even when I don't get bad reactions I always feel heavy whenever one more person knows I'm not straight. You know how some people say coming out of the closet is like a weight being lifted off their shoulders? I have the opposite experience. It just doesn't feel good to come out. It's also easy for me to stay closeted. I'm rarely attracted to anyone and I've never done anything with a girl. I don't even know if I'm partially asexual or just repressed. When I was around ten I had a fear of being around naked girls. I was scared I would act attracted to them and creep them out. I still somewhat have that fear.

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Maybe if you live in a liberal area, then perhaps it won't be necessary to come out in the sit-down ''Mum, dad [or whoever] I'm gay'' way and come out in the ''Do you mind if my girlfriend comes for dinner tomorrow night?'' way. That way it doesn't really feel like coming out, and rather just making sure they know to make an extra meal.