1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to class

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gay1234, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Gay1234

I am thinking of coming out to my class. I know they will be ok oath it but I hit a snag. I'm very shy and don't think I'll be able to do it in person. Will it be better to come out in person or would texts be ok?

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Thing with texts is you have to consider your social group / class. If they're a class who will keep the texts to themselves, then go for it, but if they're the kind to spread it without your permission and you'd be upset by them spreading it, then i'd suggest not.

Facebook might be a good way because you can report it if someone says anything you don't like.

Do you have a good friend that perhaps could talk very loudly to you about your sexuality / someone you like and then the rest of the class will/might over hear it.

3. demigodjay

I agree, Facebook is a good way to do it if you're shy, and that way if someone is bullying you about it you can report them, and have evidence. But I think a friend talking loudly about it would only spread a rumor and might impose more bullying, like "[so and so] said that you're gay" rather than just knowing that you're gay. Good luck on coming out! :eusa_clap

4. Gay1234

Now I'm thinking of doing a letter and just handing out copies