1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my Dad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mlansing, Dec 29, 2015.

1. mlansing

Just felt like sharing my experience coming out to my Dad just yesterday. I'm 32 years old, and for years and years and years leading up to this point I thought I could never tell him that I liked guys. The night before I decided I needed to tell him I couldn't sleep very well, and that day there were points where I felt like I was going to die. But I finally talked to him about it....and he was cool with it :icon_bigg It just goes to show, you just never know how people will react. Wishing everyone good luck in telling that one person you're scared to tell. You could be surprised. In fact the people I've been most scared to tell have oddly enough been the most supportive. Now on to living my LIFE finally (!)

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Awesome :slight_smile:

Good luck on finding a boyfriend, if you're currently looking.

I think, for anyone with unsupportive older grand/parents, you just need to re-educate them. They had a 'bad' socialization, unfortunately then people thought it was 'good' socialization back then, so all you can do is socialize them [feel the power ( ! )].

#2 Secrets5, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015