1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asexual/bisexual/lesbian/no clue

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Cucumb3r, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Cucumb3r

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi everyone,

So I've been aware of my attraction to women for a long time now, but I've just sort of put it off as maybe the result of spending too much time with these particular women (although I really do think some of these women knew...one of them hit on me constantly, but I was too scared to ask her if she was joking around or not). I've had relationships with men, but they never got super sexually involved, and even though the chemistry was real, the relationships themselves felt fake. For the past few years, I have just thrown myself into my work and labeled myself as asexual, but it has become really clear to me recently that the attraction I have to women is real. I think I'm ready to start seeing if that feels right to me, but I have a problem: there are some gay family friends that live in the same city as me, and I worry that if they find out I'm experimenting from one of their friends, they'll tell my parents (not out of meanness, they just have big mouths), and I don't know...I'm still figuring all this out, and I am not at all prepared to talk to my family about what's going on, but I do think I need to figure this out...any advice?