1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out at a older age?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DyingRose, Dec 29, 2015.

1. DyingRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have been reading some posts before I decided to post and it seems I am the "odd" one...I'm 31 and have always knew I was interested in the same gender,... I had always pushed it into the back of my mind and doubted myself until I was around 21-22 when a friend and I started flirting with each other but still then, I pushed it back in my mind due to family and of the dreams I had wanted for my future... I have 4 children who are my world and I have tried to continue to live my life the way it is expected.. But not quite sure how long I can continue.

My family, brothers/sisters and my father, are pretty much closed minded - my mom, she sorta opened but not sure how she would feel about her "baby" being bisexual/lesbian. Only two people actually knows, - My ex, and a really good friend knows I'm bisexual but no one in my family does nor does my other friends - a couple I feel I will lose, and even be talk "bad" about by them. I've been thinking of coming out to my family, but at the same time I am wondering, should I after all this time? I'm wondering why now, mostly because I live in a small town and this small town, I have not met many bisexual/lesbians and I have always lived here. So why start problems in my family if I am not able to find someone I can have a relationship with? I know this may sound mean or stupid, or whatever, but I just don't know what to do anymore.

I hope I have not said anything mean, rude or anything that can be taken wrongly.

DyingRose

2. Chicagoblue

You could continue to explore, take baby steps. You might meet someone who knocks you off your feet. Or you could move to Atlanta and start over. I know its not easy either way.

3. DyingRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hehe... I will definitely keep in mind about moving to Atlanta... I do need a change of scenery :slight_smile: