1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling Low

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tm74, Jan 28, 2009.

1. tm74

tm74 Guest

I don't know what it is, maybe the time of year, the lousy weather, the pressures of work, my stagnant social life or something else, but I'm just feeling low - it's been a few weeks since I've seen any real friends (mainly 'cos they all live too far away to "just visit") - living alone sucks sometimes...

I miss daylight. at this time of year, I leave for work before it's light, get home after it gets dark. I live and work under artificial light for what feels like months at a time (despite trying to get outside at the weekends)

Just having a moan really... I'm not looking for advice, I just needed to write something somewhere...

2. EM68

Sorry you feel that way. (*hug*)(*hug*) This time of year does stink with it being dark, cold and nasty outside. I forget the name but you may be experiencing a seasonal disorder where people get depressed during the winter months due to the lack of sunlight. I also sometimes feel lonely when I go home to an empty place. I am working all day and am around people then sometimes its too quiet at home. Have you tried joining some LGBT groups just you can get out of the house and meet people?

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate the lack of sunlight too. You know what helps for me? Christmas lights. I'm not kidding. I have a couple strings of those small colored lights wrapped around my desk at home (and one above my desk at work), and having them on makes me feel better for some reason. You might give them a try - they're only about $2 a strand at hobby stores. If they don't work, hey, you've got Christmas lights for the holidays. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. myra

I think maybe your suffering from SAD. its a real thing. Seasonal Affective Disorder. It makes you feel depressed in the winter months. But i'm not diagnosing anything. The best way to fix it is to get some serotonin chemicals flowing. Sunlight is the easiest fix. If you can't get out in the daytime hours, buy a sun lamp and bask in it for an hour a day. Exercise can also help. It gets endorphins pumping creates a happy feeling. Hope this helps some.