1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on coming out? Please Help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by shark567911, Dec 31, 2015.

1. shark567911

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi everyone I am 15 and I am gay. I want to come out to my family but I am really scared. I just started thinking about coming out but I do not want to rush things since I still have lots of time to think, and make sure I am fully comfortable with everything. I know my family loves me but I am scared that it will change things. I have no idea how my family will react so I need some help. I want to feel around the subject to test how they would feel but my family is incredibly good at reading me so it cannot be obvious. How are some ways I can test to see how my family's reaction would be. Also any advice on how to come out, how long to wait before coming out, and anything to cheer me up is welcome. I feel lonely keeping this to myself and I am scared. Any advice is appreciated.
    Thank You all in advance :icon_bigg Love you all :kiss: <3 LGBT Pride! (!)

2. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you know any friends who are LGBT? Maybe invite them over, or introduce them to parents, to see how parents react.
    I would come out to your family before everyone else, but if you have a close friend, it can't hurt to come out to them first. Maybe they can help you come out to your parents then. Then again, if your family is really good at reading you, who knows? There's a chance they already suspect.