1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy New Year!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by badger, Jan 1, 2016.

1. badger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just wanting to let you guys know because you guys have been here with me through this entire journey. Not only is it a New Year but it just so happens to also be a year since I started this journey. I never thought a year ago I would be where I am in the process. In this one year I was able to come out to my myself, my best friend, and my parents. Yes, this has been the hardest year of my life but definitely the most authentic I have ever felt.

By no means am i trying to brag or make those who are having difficulties coming out feel any type of way (because I know how difficult it is TRUST), I just want to tell you that it will happen. There is no need to force this out until you feel you're ready. A year ago, telling my parents seemed like a fricken dream/nightmare. It took me a year to do it. But I did it. And I know that everyone is able to do it too. Just need to let life run its course.

Well Happy New Year everybody and hope this year is the start to something big in all our lives! :smilewave