1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my friend gay and if so does he like me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by An0n7m0Us, Jan 1, 2016.

1. An0n7m0Us

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So this is long but I want to have a ll the details

I am 17, bi, and in the closet. My friend, we'll call him John, is 16 and someone that I've known for about 5 months now and we have become pretty good friends. He is always hugging me and saying hi to me and sometimes going out of his way to do so but he also does this with almost all his friends that r guys. He always gives hugs or grabs peoples legs and he's very touchy with guys. He will give hugs in public places like at school or in the bleachers before a bball game or at a party(but he wasn't drunk at these parties, I've never seen him drunk). We started a snap streak on snap chat and have snap chatted eachother for ten days straight now. We also occasionally text eachother too. We talk jokingly about gay stuff at times joking about having sex and having kids (yes Ik that's not possible to have kids with him) or having a three way with my gf which resulted in us both concluding that she could just watch.

I have a girlfriend that he is also friends with. He also helped me hook up with this girl. The problem now is that I have a girlfriend but whenever we hang out I think about how I'd rather be hanging out with John. John and I have only hung out with eachother once which was this past week. He wasn't touchy when we hung out and we just played video games and Joked around. While hanging out he told me how he was going to hang out with another one of his friends but he didn't because he wanted to hang out with me because he loves me. We also send messages to eachother saying I heart u. I've sent it to him and he's replied back to me with the same response and vice versa. We also hung out at a basketball team Xmas party and we basically spent the whole time in the couch cuddling I had my arm around him and are legs were interlocked and he kinda leaned on me. But now things get complicated. Like I said he's touchy with everyone.

I was at a New Years party with him and my gf was there too along with two other couples and some other girls. He was acting very feminine. He always has a bit of a feminine-ish voice but even more so at the party. No one drank just to make things more clear. Obviously I spent a lot of time cuddling with my gf cuz that's what I'm supposed to do but the whole time I wanted to be wth him. There was music and he did a lot of very gay dancing(not with any girls). He actually danced with another guy the whole time and didn't really take interest in any of the girls at all (although he did already know them all as friends). There were 4 guys at the party including me and he was the only one without a gf. But one of the guys that he's really good friends with spent most of the time dancing with him. This is the same friend that he didn't hang out with because he wanted to hang out with me instead. He would grind on him and do some really gay stuff like almost kiss but not touch lips they would just get really close then pull back and he would also twerk on him and pretend to be 69ing . He also was touchy with me and the other guy but not as much he went to this guys house after the party and I wanted to tag along but couldn't without forcing my way into it haha.

So after all this I couldn't help myself anymore and had to know about whether john was gay or not so the next day I texted him. I decided to break up with my gf cuz whether John is gay not I figured I needed time to sort my life out plus I'd be graduating soon a anyways. I thought it was the right thing to do seeing as every time I hung out with her I was thinking of someone else and how I only felt that my feelings for her were real about 1/3 of the time most of the time though I didn't look forward to hanging out with her. So anyways I texted John and told him I was going to break up with my gf and that my feelings for her didn't seem real and that I was more attracted to hike than her. Him most likely Thinking that I was joking around by saying that said I can't blame you. I proceeded to explain y I should break up seeing as I'm graduating soon and all and then told him that I also meant what I said when I told him I had strong feelings for him. I said it kinda freaked me out and I had to get it off my chest. He responded with wait I'm confused here then I shimmied my way out of it fearing the consequences of me coming out to him but what was said was said and he must realize what I meant. We continued to snapchat eachother that day and now I've ended up here and am unsure of what to do please help

#1 An0n7m0Us, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  2. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay first off you need to clearly state that you're bi. No kidding.
    And not to dampen your spirits but many straight guys do that. I know a few guys we were quite like what you have described.
    Guys can be very affectionate and yeah even the straight ones.
    So why don't you tell him clearly when you're hangin out?
    Who knows? :wink:
    But yeah make sure that you are stern. No kidding. No s***t. As many times people do tend to take it pretty lightly.