1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make people take you seriously??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by misplacedaegyo, Jan 2, 2016.

1. misplacedaegyo

Hello! I'm a pre-everything femme transguy, and I'm planning on coming out to my closer friends this summer (I don't want to come out yet as there's still a lot I need to figure out, yeah), but I know that none of them knows much about gender and gender identities apart from cis male and cis female. So how do I explain to them that I'm actually a very feminine transboy? And how do I make them take me seriously?

Thanks in advance,
    Johan :3

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Perhaps tell them you're ''being serious'' before you tell them what it is, so then they know you're being serious no matter what is being said. Is there a time in the summer when you need to do a presentation? Like at a camp or something? Perhaps you could do one about gender identity, and how this differs from gender expression [and sexuality].

#2 Secrets5, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  3. misplacedaegyo

That sounds like a good idea! We never know our teachers are gonna make us to presentations, but yeah, I hope I can get to do one of those before coming out. We recently had something called "project week", where you write a 10 page report-thingy and do a long-ass presentation, but sadly, our main topic didn't allow me to do a presentation about that. But yeah, I'll definitely make sure, that they know I'm being serious before telling them. Thanks for your advice, have a nice day (*hug*)