1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorority?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MLCarr, Jan 29, 2009.

1. MLCarr

So, I'm currently pledging the band service sorority Tau Beta Sigma. The only thing they have in common with the greek system is the name, otherwise they're like a sisterhood more than anything.

The question is that I'm not sure what the rules are for TBS on gays... I want my sisters to know, and it's not like I really hide it. The problem is I'm not one of those big dykes, I look fairly normal until you actually think about it and go: oh, wow, okay I should have seen that in the first place. So basically if I wanted to hide it from them, I can. I have for the last 2 years.

Does anyone have an experience with a sorority (or fraternity) that could let me know how they handled gays?

2. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I belong to a service fraternity, not a house chapter, but none the less. They don't have policies on gays but have constitutes that you can't discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, age, religion or race. I'm out in mine and everyone seems to be fine with it.

3. punkrocker99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I dunno, but i would just be yourself. That can never fail. :grin:

4. Courtneyyy

I've got a friend who is open and out. He's in a frat and I'm sure they know. When he was rushing, everyone was trying to tell him which was the "gay" frat.