1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I Do It?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Contact1111, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, I have already come out as bisexual, but I haven't been clear about where I am really coming from. This may be a perspective that isn't shared by a lot of people on this site, but it is my story. I told my parents I am bisexual, but I sense that they are holding on to "hope" that I will really just end up with a woman in a traditional family style marriage and be happy. The thing is I will never have a family, but it has nothing to do with sexuality really. Truthfully, I could be entirely happy being with a woman....... because well, I could completely enjoy having sex with anybody who has either type of parts. The thing is, I just really have an aversion to the whole family type lifestyle. It just doesn't register to me as something to ever aspire to. I don't like it, it makes me uncomfortable. Some people, including those who entirely gay, want to have rights to marry and have families. However, I don't want that. Then, as a result of not wanting that type of lifestyle, it just opened a door that now cannot be closed. I started thinking about guys, and the feelings became more pronounced over the course of time. I started feeling like I'd be into doing various sexual things with other guys, and I'd pretty much be up for anything other than butt sex. I thought about both guys and girls all the time, and I realized that sexually I was into both 100%. However, I had no interest in following the typical family model for my own reasons. This was how I even opened this door that I do not regret opening, and I just need it to be clear that I will NEVER follow this model. I can be committed if I want to be, but I cannot end up becoming a family man........ ever.

I'm thinking of just telling people that I won't be following that pattern. There seems to be some feelings of thinking that I may still follow this model. However, I will not. I never will, because it isn't for me. I just need everybody to know that, because that is maybe even more important than some of the other stuff I have said.

2. GayPugs

My mom keeps telling me it's not about the gender, it's about the person. I know she just wants me to marry a boy and be normal like everyone else. It seems you are one of those people who like adventuring (or something like that). I wish I had the guts to adventure. Honestly, they don't decide who you are, who you marry, or what your lifestyle is like so you don't even need to tell them anything. You just say, "Maybe I won't settle down. I rather do other things." That's all. If you even want to say anything at all (which you don't have to). The settle-down-have-a-family lifestyle isn't for everyone. :slight_smile: