1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out.. Questions.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Random99, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Random99

Hi. I've posted here a few times when I've needed advice, and it's really helped so that's awesome.

Anyway, I'm Bi.. or gay.. like.. first let me explain that. I feel like i'm gay. But I also feel like I have some sort of attachment to girls still, probably because it has been beaten into my brain that dating girls is what the right thing is, etc, etc. It's kind of sad honestly. I'm really.. confused.. but that's not the point of this. I'm leaning more towards gay, but there's no need to rush who I am. I'll find out. And that's really great advice.

Anyways, I've came out to my grandmother & one of my gay friends. They both obviously took it very well, and I plan on coming out to my lesbian aunt. I'm currently living with my Grandma & Grandpa, but my grandpa would probably kick me out or beat me over the head if I ever came out to him as anything other than straight. my grandma, isn't like that. She fully supports & loves me. My lesbian aunt hasn't even came out to my grandfather, and she's 35.

I guess what I'm saying is.. What do I do? I'd like to come out to my mother too, but I don't know how she'll take it. She's talked to me before about trans, gay, etc. people and it didn't go very well. I kept defending the LGBTQ+ community to her, and she asked my "Why are you so defensive about that". It upset me quite a lot. Anyway, I guess I'm rambling on.

Any advice on either issue would really help. Thank you.