1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is great.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lovetoomuch, Jan 7, 2016.

1. lovetoomuch

Yesterday was a bad day for myself and I found myself complaining on here, so my apologies. I'm determined to make this the best year of my life and can't think negatively.

But as I am coming out to more people, it is legitimately the best feeling. I've talked to three of my four friends I'm out to today and was able to discuss boys - I've never had that feeling before and it is great. I previously found myself going to forums and trying to discuss my life constantly. Don't get me wrong, this forum has saved my live, legitimately. But it's nice to finally be open with friends and be able to talk about relationships. It's nice to not have to lie and say, "I'm not interested in any girls at the moment."

Does anyone agree with me? I'm coming out to my parents this weekend and while it's scary as hell, just coming out to people has been a very liberating feeling lately. I'm excited to live my life truthfully in front of my family, no matter their reaction.

Anyone have this same feeling?

2. sleepwalking

I am preparing to come out to my mother this weekend as well. And you're right it really is a liberating feeling. I have spent so much time hiding a part of who I am, it's nice to finally be honest and open about things. I wish you the best of luck in coming out to your parents this weekend. I hope it all goes well and that they are accepting. (*hug*) :goodluck:

3. NateC7

I've come out to almost everyone (I don't see any reason to come out to my coworkers at my parttime job as I'm not really friends with any of them) save for a few members on my dad's side of the family. I'm still not entirely sure how they'll react but I'm also probably being silly (I should make my own thread for this).

But anyway yes it is a liberating feeling, really. And I like it a lot.