1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About my current out status.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NateC7, Jan 8, 2016.

1. NateC7

Okay so I was replying to another thread on the Coming Out Advice forum and I figured I should probably ask for a little advice.

So I'm out to almost everyone on my dad's side, save for two sets of aunts and uncles and then some. I'm probably being silly seeing how accepting they are of my aunt Donna but I'm just worried that if I come out to them, it'll change their view of me.

I mean I'm afraid they'll like me less or something.

I'm probably being ridiculous but I can't help but have these fears. Any advice?

2. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I mean... You don't have to tell them. But you also don't have to not tell them. you know, just... Tell them if they ask. Then at least they can't really have anything against you because it was them who made you come out. And anyways, you were always this way, so it's nothing new. But I wouldn't hide who you are from your family. I mean, don't lie about it, or try to convince people otherwise. Just be you. Don't flaunt it but don't hide it. That usually has the best results with people outside of immediate family/friends.

Hope that helps.

#2 Linus, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  3. NateC7

I didn't say they made me come out. I came out to certain members on my dad's side of my own volition. I mean, I guess I should just leave it as it is? Maybe just say yes if they ask, like you said? I mean I guess it's not really that big of an issue since my aunt Donna is already clearly lesbian and has always been. I'm just being stupid, probably.