1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It counts but not really?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Titchy Stryder, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Titchy Stryder

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've recently come out to my parents and sister as being transgender. I text my mom way back in October about it. She was fine. Didn't understand it much, even when explained, but she was fine. I text my dad about it sometime last week while I was at work. He never replied and when I got home from work, he never brought it up.

I think it counts, but does it really? The thought of bringing it up in conversation still makes me nervous, despite the fact I've been out as Trans at work since late September/early October. And I want to bring it up with my parents more, since I plan on changing my name legally before my birthday in February but I'm still crazy nervous.

Mehhhh. I don't even know if this is really a question or me just getting my nerves out into the open.

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Maybe you could text him again? He might have overlooked it or something.

3. pd04

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Would you consider bringing it up to him in person? Then you know he heard you.

4. Titchy Stryder

Out Status:
    Some people
    I could probably text him tomorrow when I'm at work.

I want to bring it up to him in person. I really do. But every time I open my mouth to do it, I stop and leave because I lose my nerve. I'm not usually this nervous about anything, but every time I think about doing it, it eats away at me -_-