1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom becoming more accepting :] *rant*

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Smiley1123, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Smiley1123

So yesterday she asked me if I still liked lets call her...Pam. I said yes, but was uncomfortable because I really used to not like to talk about it. I always thought that she was a little against me since I had come out to her. She then said okay. And then we talked and she seemed okay with it! And now I feel so much better :] I don't know if she was just in a good mood or something but it was better than when she thought it was just a phase. I guess its because she notices that its been almost a year. Anyways now I'm feeling great!! :]

2. Magnet

Congrats. I'm glad your feeling so happy :slight_smile:

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    If you can talk to your mom at 13 years of age about liking another girl you have an extreme advantage over alot of other glbt folks! You're going to have a good life kiddo! :slight_smile: Congrats!

4. Louise

Yay, good for you and good for your mum. You know when you first come out to your parents they often say silly things in the heat of the moment or that is it just a phase because they WANT it to be just a phase. There is no hand book how to be a parent, we just have to make it up as we go and lots of times we get it wrong, so good for your mum for coming round and letting you know that she is ok with it.

I know it is uncomfortable to talk about these things, especially at your age, but things will get easier as time goes on and you both get used to the situation.:icon_bigg

5. Courtneyyy

I think it's great that your mom asked about her. It shows that she believes you and is trying to accept you for you. It also shows that your mom cares about you and wants to know what's going on in your life.