1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i dont know how to come out to my friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by crazyvirus, Jan 11, 2016.

1. crazyvirus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    my friends, well not some of them, i think would not support me if i told them i was gay. i need some help plz

2. Shallow waters

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If they can't support and accept you for who you are, they were never your friends in the first place!

#2 Shallow waters, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  3. CrazyBoutBoyz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If they don't support you, don't worry, they'll either come around or prove not to be friends worth having. You shouldn't put yourself in a situation where you don't feel welcome.

#3 CrazyBoutBoyz, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  4. silent symphony

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Don't feel pressured to come out if you are not ready to. If you want to come out then come out, and if you don't want to come out, then don't. However, be honest with yourself about if you want people to see you for who you are.

Friends can be more accepting than you may think. If they really care about you, then they will either accept you outright, or will grow to accept you. If your friends don't accept you for who you are, would you want them to be your friends anyway?

Here is a question for you: would you rather be closeted with the friends you have, and feel the way you do now; or would you rather be out, possibly have fewer friends, and know that they all accept you for who you are?

5. art3mis

If they don't like you for who you are and don't support you, they are NOT FRIENDS. But give it a try and you will find out if they truly are :slight_smile:.

6. mlansing

This is very true, and you might be surprised. Some of the people I have been most scared to tell have been the most supportive.

7. violagirl89

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I 100% agree with this statement! Don't feel pressured to stay in the closet just to please your friends. Come out, be proud, and if they don't like it well screw them! You need people in your life who will respect you and be proud of who you are. You don't need that kind of negativity lingering around you.

8. itsbrooklyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I they don't support you or at least try to they we're never your true friends in the first place, don't feel like you need to stay closeted just for your friends sakes, be proud of who you are, after all, there are always other people who are open minded and supportive that you can be friends with.

9. Outboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With having all straight friends and not knowing anyone else who is gay, the thought of me coming out is frightening. I think though I know my friends well enough to know if they will accept me or not, but I still have nagging doubts about it.
    If you know your friends well enough, then tell them but only if you are ready, never force the issue