1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to grandma.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jack1133, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Jack1133

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello.

My name is Jack and I'm 14 years old. Two years ago, I came out as bisexual to my dad, mom, siblings, uncles and aunts.

My mom and dad are awesomely supportive; I have a thirteen year old boyfriend who's always hanging out with me and sometimes even comes for a sleepover, and my parents are completely fine with it. Me and my boyfriend even kiss and hold hands and nobody really minds.

However, I haven't come out to my grandma. Although I respect her a lot, she's very conservative (Christian) and I'm afraid I'll offend her somehow when coming out to her.

Do you guys have any tips on whether or not I should come out to her, and if I should, then how can I make it so she's slightly more supportive than I believe she will be?

Thank you for reading.

Much love,
    Jack.

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would talk to your parents about how to approach her. You're lucky you have their support, and you can work with them to figure out how to proceed. I didn't come out to my grandparents (or my parents) until a couple years ago but I still had several conversations with my parents about approaching my grandparents and it definitely helped.