1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl Likes me alot, how do i turn her down ><

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RonApple, Feb 1, 2009.

1. RonApple

RonApple Guest

Hi all,

Well, the last time this other girl liked me, i ended up telling her the truth (after a while). Now there is a new one on the scene and she is really really really hot, like all the guys are madly in love with her. And she likes me, I dno what to tell her tho, cz i really dont think i can tell another person that im gay (not ready), besides that, i dont know how she will react.

I need advice on what to tell her and my friends, cz they want me to get together with her too, and they dont know im gay either ><
    I mean... what straight guy turns down a really hot girl... (only a gay 1)

So ye, is there any way to get out of this little mess? Advice plz, I really and a little stuck on this 1.

thanx
    nathan

2. kevinx519

hm. well id say just tell her that you dont see a real intimate (as in relationship-wise) connection between the two of you. i think you should be honest and tell her that you just see her as a friend. if she keeps pressuring you, just tell her thats just the way it is. she should be able to trust your decision if shes a good friend of yours. hope this helps some way. good luck! :slight_smile:

3. tm74

tm74 Guest

"Sorry, you're just not my type" ??

4. Greggers

Hmm, you could always pick her hair color and say "Thats just not my type"? Its really superficial, but it tends to work when your talking about her with the guys. That can backfire later though, heh. So it might be risky, but it is bound to work.

If you want someone more blunt, just say "Im really just not feeling it between us" and be done with it. They could ask you "why?" after though, so be prepared for that.

Another option? Pick a girl who you could never get, for one reason or another, or a girl your out to, and say you like HER. Then they might back off on this one. That way they think your crushing on someone else, but you cant have that person so its semi-safe?

Just some things i pulled over the years of being at a Christian School, having to avoid these things daily.

5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could try just saying "I'm really sorry, but I just don't feel it" or "I really don't want a relationship with anyone, I'm happy being single at the moment" if you don't feel ready to come out to her.

6. joss22

Yeah, I agree with Loveislove, if you don't want to be a jerk, and you aren't willing to tell them the truth, than pretend you are really crushing on someone else that you will never have a chance with, that should work to get her off your back

7. Pendrin2020

Sounds like you might have a possible fairy mary here. I say get her alone and tell her the truth. Explain your situation, That you're in the closet and not ready to tell people. Ask her if you can be friends. It's nice to have someone to talk to in person about being gay.

Nine times out of ten, the person I usually talk to is a woman.

For her, It's totally non-threatening male attention from a guy who genuinely cares about her well-being, and for you, it's kind of the same thing. Tends to be a really great friendship.

8. Courtneyyy

I'm having a little bit of that issue right now too.

"I'm not dating right now"'
    or
    "I don't date" (women)

9. mattblack

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd just think of the things you're not into about her. I think it's a myth that no straight guy would turn her down...but it might be true that none of the jocks would turn her down.

Have a think about her and I'm sure you'll come up with reasons why you don't like her, or why you don't feel anything. They will probably sound like something any guy could say and you just use those reasons if anyone asks.

I was kind of in the same situation a while back; I worked with this girl who everyone seemed to go for and she started coming on pretty strong. But I was able to realise that she really wasn't my type. She was skinny and well built, and while I can understand most guys see that and think it's wonderful, that actually kinda turns me off.

If you then have a female friend you can point to and say that she's more what you're after, you might have solved your problem.