1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friends and why i don't want to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by crazyvirus, Jan 13, 2016.

1. crazyvirus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My friends are like I don't support the rainbow flag,and burn the rainbow flag and it makes me mad . There are a few who would be really critical if I came out And they found out I was gay. I also act sorta gay at school and people call me out on it but I keep denying it because I don't want th m to know but I also do want people to know but I'm scared. I have this one friend and I think he might be gay but it don't know and it's weird because I like him and omg he's so freaking cute but I know that h might not support me even though I know he migh and he's also not the best at listening so it would be hard. But I only have one friend I have came out to and he's gay but he told his friends and they know but they wouldn't tell anyone and also there not in my grade . I would like to come out but I don't know if I should. Oh yeah the friends I think would be most critical are also the cutest.:kiss: also they are all like in really good shape and the cutest one has A FREAKIN 6 PACK

2. Athexant

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can understand your conflicted feelings around coming out to your friends. However, I would think about why you want to come out before you decide if you should or not. Do you want to come out because you want to live as a proud, gay man? Or do you want to come out just because these friends are cute and you want to tell them that? There's absolutely no rush when it comes to coming out. You should only do it if you feel completely comfortable and are sure that you're not in any physical, mental, or emotional danger. It's good that your best friend knows and is okay with your identity. He can make a really good ally if you ever do find yourself in any kind of trouble.

As to whether or not to come out, if you don't feel really comfortable telling your friends, you don't have to. No one's going to make you. Also, in order to get an idea of how someone's going to react if you decide to come out, you could ask them what they think about gay rights and how they feel about them. If your friends react negatively to that question, it might not be a good idea to tell them. If you have people you can rely on and fall back on to keep you safe, I would suggest organizing them all first before you decide to come out in case anything goes badly.

Ultimately, it's your choice whether you decide to come out or not. However, I really wouldn't rush the decision. Take your time and discover yourself a little bit. I would advise against coming out until you're absolutely ready and have a support network just in case.