1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship With Mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mcrteenagers, Feb 1, 2009.

1. mcrteenagers

So my mom and I have gone through some tough times. 2 years ago was really bad, I was ready to leave the house. But thankfully we worked things out, and we're getting along good. She knows I'm gay, she's okay with it, but its never brought up.

The one thing I do wish is that I was closer with her. We can talk, but never about things that are meaningful.

For example, I know that if we went out to lunch together (never have) it would just be so awkwardly silent.

I dunno how to change this. Just seeing if anybody else has ever dealt with this.

2. Greggers

Im still were you were two years ago :frowning2:

How did you go from that, to accepted but not talking about it? That seems like a great place for me to be currently heh...

3. mcrteenagers

Oh no we weren't fighting about me being gay, we've never done that. I don't know what it was about exactly. We just completely got on each others nerves. I wanted space and she wanted control.

As to your situation, hold in there. Your mom loves you, and cares for you. She's probably as confused about the situation as you are. I'm sure it took some time for you to accept you were gay, and the same is going to go for your mom. :slight_smile: