1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any coming out advices for a teen bisexual girl to come out to her family?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MeiMei, Jan 13, 2016.

1. MeiMei

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey guys~~ I'm kinda new, so I just want some simple advice on how to come out to my family... They don't accept LGBTQA very well, so I wanted some advice on how to come out naturally...

2. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Firstly, if they don't really accept LGBT+ people then you will need to be prepared for what their reaction may be. If you don't feel safe or if you think they may kick you out of the house or hurt you in any way (it does happen sometimes, unfortunately) then consider waiting before you come out to them.

A while back I answered another person in a forum post who was also wondering how to come out to his parents. I think the same advice applies here so I'll link it here.

I think it's really brave of you to do this and no matter what happens, stay safe and don't let the make you feel like who you are is wrong or shameful. I hope it goes well for you, stay strong and good luck! :slight_smile:

3. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Getting them to be more accepting of the idea is where you'll want to start. Let them know that you're supportive of the community. When they ask, you could say you have a friend who's gay or something. If you don't know anyone IRL, say you have an online friend. Or something. That's not a lie, now is it? We're all your friends. :slight_smile: but yeah they will question. You just need to inform them that we're not freaks or whatever. Educate them.

#3 Linus, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016