1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out yet ??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Indianna, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Indianna

I'm Indi and i've recently accepted the fact that I am Pansexual/Bisexual and was just wanting some outside views on whether or not I should come out yet. I know that most people I surround myself with are completely supportive of the LGBTQ community and when I come out they will accept me. But I have concerns; Will people take me seriously, I mean I am only 14 and haven't 'experimented' sexually but I'm 100% sure that this is who I am. I fear that people will think this is a 'phase.' Will people at school judge me, I go to an all girls school, which as you would expect is super bitchy/judgemental. I feel if I come out to my peers the news will soon spread and everyone will see me as 'that weird girl who wants to kiss every girl in the school.' Any advice at all will be greatly appreciated !!! :icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

2. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think that if you feel ready to come out and you know who you want to come out to then you should go for it. Remember that you don't necessarily have to go for it all at once. You mentioned how the people in your school may judge you, so you don't have to come out to them at first. Try coming out to just one or a few people that you know you can trust first before deciding to move on. It's safer and it will probably be less anxiety-inducing for you.

And yes, people may believe that your identity isn't valid or that this is 'just a phase', but if you feel very strongly that this is who you are, make that clear. Even if you aren't sure or change your mind about how you want to identify yourself later, that's still okay because you're still young and there's plenty of time to experiment. Try not to worry too much about what other people think and just do you.

So...yeah! Just stay safe, stay strong and remember that if you think you will be judged or hurt if you come out to certain people, don't come out to them or give it a little time. Hopefully this helps and I wish you good luck! (*hug*)

3. NateC7

How you feel is how you feel and no one else can say what your sexuality is for you. That's the first thing you need to remember.

Furthermore, you don't need to come out to everyone at once like the above poster said. Just come out to those closest to you, and start from there. And take your time of course, no rush!

4. akarn7

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You have to decide whether you feel like you're ready - not whether THEY'RE ready - but whether YOU'RE ready. And you shouldn't base whether you feel ready or not on what you think their reactions will be. Base it on whether you would come out or not if every single person in the entire world would be loving and accepting. If that was the way it was, would you feel ready to come out? If yes, go for a few people at a time, ending with the one's you don't think would react greatly. If no, wait until you're truly ready. Good luck! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 15th Jan 2016 at 09:22 AM ----------

BTDUBS.. TOTALLY FORGOT TO MENTION THIS. I absolutely LOVE your name! Reminds me of Indiana Evans, an Australian actress. And you're from Sydney, right? SO AWESOME. :slight_smile:

5. Indianna

Thank you so much for the advice !! And for the compliment too, means a lot (*hug*):icon_bigg