1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to Ma!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Thefowl, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Thefowl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I just came out to my Ma woot! It was weird but I don't care lol. So my family is moving across the street and at like 1 o'clock in the morning I convinced her to move some crap over.(we're night people so we were both wide awake) I thought this would be the perfect time to come out. While we were there I kind of chickened out so we had normal conversations and unpacked some stuff. All the while I was yelling in my head "TELL HER, THERE WONT BE A BETTER OPPORTUNITY!" When we finished up and got in the car to head home I gathered my strength and kind of blurted out "Can I tell you something, I'm gay." I took her by surprise and she went on a rant about its fine and she doesn't care, it turns out she already had a conversation like this with my older brother who is bi. When we arrived home she said under her breath "What a random time to come out." It may seem to be random to her but I've been planning and then chickening out for like 3 months lol. All together I guess it was a good de-closeting.

2. TheBiBoy

TheBiBoy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Congrats! I am glad it went well and that she was ok about it. You must have been really relieved when you told her. You are very courageous that you did it. Don't let what she said about the random time put you down she just doesn't understand. Congrats again!

3. Gay1234

Congratulations. I am so happy you were lucky with a supportive mother like that. Well done

4. Cort

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Bravo! It's great to hear that your mom was so accepting!

I can relate to the excitement that starts build as soon as you decide you're going to tell your mom. Once I decided I was going to, I thought about it every waking minute until I finally did.

As random as it may have seemed - at least it will certainly be memorable!