1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Terrified

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by juliancoby01, Jan 18, 2016.

1. juliancoby01

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Whenever I think about my sexuality, I'm frozen. I can't do or say anything about it and I barely know what, or who, I am anymore. I don't know what to do about it and I have told 3 people. The first one I thought would accept me, but treated me totally different and said that "we just lost touch" even though I see her at school everyday. The second and third were accepting but treat me differently and kinda treat me like the "stereotypical" gay guy. The guy who puts on make up, or wears different clothes, and only hangs around girls, and loves to gossip and start drama. But I'm not those things. I don't wear different clothes, I hate gossip and drama, I never put on makeup, and only a few of my friends are girls. I want to tell myself that this is just part of me, and its not all of me. But in a majority of my life lately, it seems like if people knew, that's how they would describe me to new people like "he's that gay kid" instead of "he's the kid that skipped a grade, that volunteers for different charities at every chance he get" and I am terrified of being seen like that. If anyone has anything to help me, I would appreciate it a lot.

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey juliancoby01,

Welcome to EC!
    You don't need to. Although it is totally ok to fit the stereotype, you are who you are. Being gay just means you like the same sex, it doesn't means you like pop music, makeup, etc. (which, again, it is totally ok if you do like those things too, it depends on your personality).
    Unfortunatelly, people (because of prejudice) tend to make a huge deal of orientation and sexuality. That's one of the reasons why it is hard to come out.

However, like you said, being LGBT is only a small party of your personality. It doesn't describe you totally.

Try to maintain distance from people that can't understand that. They aren't worth of your time.

Hugs (*hug*)