1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

started coming out..started regretting it (bi)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by joeyd, Jan 18, 2016.

1. joeyd

I am 25 and bisexual. I have had mainly opposite sex relationships and never been in love with another man but I know that I am attracted to both and it has built up to the point where I felt I needed to get it out to see if that helped...

I told my Mum two years ago when drunk, she was great about it, but when sober neither of us spoke of it again. I told my sister and her partner recently who were both great. I finally plucked up the courage to tell my Dad and my two best friends, but after coming out to my best friend I'm having doubts about whether to continue.

My Mum has since said that she doesnt think I should tell my Dad as he wont understand "bisexual". She thinks he'd understand if I was gay, but wont be able to get his head around this. My best friend (after struggling initially with it himself) thinks my other friend wont take it too well either. So now I am thinking to stop here and maybe keep it to myself.

I expect I will continue to get with women, as I generally lust for them more and enjoy their companionship more, but I think I should maybe keep to myself the fact that occasionally I am attracted to certain men.

I dont know... Is this how it is to be bi? There is no "coming out" its just an internal see-saw that just keeps going?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks for reading x

2. xenu

Well, I think a good place to start would be why you felt the need to tell others you were bisexual to begin with. Do you ever really crush on guys? Do you want hug them and kiss them and make them happy? Does the idea of cuddling on the coach with a guy and just watching Netflix sound appealing? You have to look within yourself for answers, but I can tell you one thing. Bisexuality is rarely a 50-50 thing, and I myself think of it as kind of like a teeter totter. I tend to go through phases of liking men for awhile, then go back to liking women, then the reverse happens. That's actually pretty consistent with being bi from what I have read, and I know from personal experience how easy it is to tell yourself that you are straight during the more hetero phases.

I sense you may be going through one of those times, so again I present the first question: Why did you feel the need to tell others you were bisexual to begin with? If you are like me, you will find yourself liking guys again eventually.

#2 xenu, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016