1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell my girlfriend?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by D3adB1t3, Jan 18, 2016.

1. D3adB1t3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have been stuck with this for about six months so far, i'm bisexual and i have a healthy relationship with my girlfriend for 6 months. but the fact she doesn't know im bi is constantly bugging me. i realy want to tell her but i don't know how i'm supposed to do it.

plzz help

2. 1ring

Just sit down with her and tell her your honest thoughts. You guys have been dating for half a year and she deserves to know. Talk about what you've gone through and see if she has any questions for you about your sexuality. I think the most important part is honesty and making sure she understands that you really like her and your sexuality doesn't change that.

3. davidfreckelton

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Honestly, if you've been dating for half a year, you're gonna be close right? So she'll probably accept you as the same person she decided to date six months ago. (*hug*)

4. Cort

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would imagine that after 6 months you and your girlfriend have built up a fair amount of trust. I think you should just be completely open with her.

Secrets have a way of undermining almost any healthy relationship. What’s the point of having a girlfriend (or boyfriend) you can’t be your complete and honest self around them?

Chances are that she’ll be honored that you trust her enough to share such a deep part of yourself with her.

If she responds poorly – that’s ok too. Why be with someone that isn’t able to accept the real you anyway? Better to figure that out now rather than later after you’ve invested more time, emotions, and energy into the relationship.

Good luck.